La Sierra Hills takes its name from the high rolling terrain of the western portion of the neighborhood. Because of this geography, the urban landscape has developed in an almost flowing manner around the contours of the land. The diverse topography contributes to the region’s beauty and limited development.
Medium-density residential blocks are confined to the southeastern portion of this region, and even here, development is relatively sparse. Residential development has occurred steadily since the latter half of the 20th century, but the majority of homes were built between 1960 and 1980.
La Sierra was part of the original Mexican land grant known as Rancho La Sierra de Sepulveda.
The La Sierra area was home to the Hole Mansion built by lumber baron Willits J. Hole beginning in 1913. It was the focal point of the several-thousand-acre Hole ranch, which encompassed much of La Sierra and portions of Corona and Norco.
The Pacific Union Conference of the Seventh-Day Adventist Church purchased property from Hole in 1922 for what is now La Sierra University. A well-established unincorporated area, La Sierra voters approved their annexation to the City of Riverside in 1964.
La Sierra Hills was annexed between 1964 and 1965.
Based on information from California Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc. as of May 20, 2022 12:55AM and/or other sources. All data, including all measurements and calculations of area, is obtained from various sources and has not been, and will not be, verified by broker or MLS. All information should be independently reviewed and verified for accuracy. Properties may or may not be listed by the office/agent presenting the information.
Listing Information © 2022 California Regional MLS. All Rights Reserved.
Stay informed on price reductions, new homes that match your search & other insider information.